Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's On Like.... um... Donkey Kong!

Well, here I go again - another project! While completing my touch screen jukebox I had been thinking about what to work on next. I have already made a custom pink mini-arcade and cocktail table from scratch (and I'm in the middle of a slim upright) but ever since I was little I've always wanted a real, working arcade cabinet in my house.

I decided it was time to try my hand at restoring an old cabinet to its former glory so when I saw a gutted Donkey Kong cabinet on eBay that was only about 90 minutes away, I couldn't resist. I managed to snag it for $36! You can't beat that!

I am very excited about this one since it is on the short list of dedicated cabinets I want to have in my basement arcade some day (along with Pac-man, Galaga and others).

No comments: