Monday, December 15, 2008

Board or Computer?

I haven't decided how I am going to run Donkey Kong on the cabinet once it is complete. I could:
  1. Get an original DK board and install it
  2. Get a "48-1" board and install it (includes DK among others)
  3. Put an old computer inside and run MAME. I can set it up to boot straight to DK when turned on so it would appear dedicated but also have it run every 4-way/1 button game out there (DK, DK Jr., DK3, Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, Pac-man Jr., Mr. Do!, Frogger, etc. - there are TONs of them and most are classics).
I'm leaning towards #3 because it's the cheapest and easiest since I already have a couple of old computers laying around. It's not really necessary though since I have other machines running those games... I guess I'll make that call once I'm finished restoring the exterior of the cabinet.

No comments: