Monday, March 30, 2009

Some Interior Shots

Time for the camera dump! Here are a few interior shots for those who are interested. It was pretty dirty inside and there were leaves, nails and staples all over the place. I cleaned it out pretty good but this is what it used to look like:

The last shot above shows where the original Donkey Kong board sat inside the cabinet. It was mounted vertically on the shelf.

The next shot is from behind looking up - you can see the metal bar which is used to secure the bezel in place. I'm glad this thing came with the cabinet - it is expensive to replace.

This last shot shows the back of the coin box. The holes on the top are where the quarters drop down into the box. There is a drawer on the front which pulls out so the box can be emptied. I'm not sure what to do here - the drawer works just fine but it is a little banged up. I think I'm just going to leave it as is since it would be a lot of work to rebuild something no one will see - plus it is original right now. I' ll post a bunch of pictures of the coin box eventually.

Overall things are in decent shape. I should be able to start filling the holes all over the cabinet and putting on a couple of coats of primer this weekend.

More later

No comments: