Friday, July 10, 2009

Painting Has Continued. Ugh.

Last night I was able to put the first coat of black paint on the inside edges of the cabinet. I had to be careful taping everything because a straight and clean line is important to the overall look of the finished cabinet. I let the first coat dry overnight and then woke up really early to put on a second coat prior to going to work. I'm using Rustoleum brand Black (Semi-Gloss) latex paint.

It came out OK I guess - I am really particular (i.e. anal) when it comes to this type of stuff and my stupid brain can't accept that rolling on paint will never look as nice as laminate. I think I am going to do some light sanding when I get home and then apply a final coat of black paint. There's not much more I can do to make it look nicer.

I will finally be painting the rest of the cabinet powder blue over the weekend. When that is finished I'll be able to do some fun stuff like install the artwork and control panel. I need to start thinking about getting an arcade monitor and junker computer to throw inside to run everything.

More later.

No comments: