Saturday, July 18, 2009

Another Coat of Powder Blue? Ugh.

Well, I spent some time sanding down the cabinet and getting it ready for what I had hoped would be the last coat of blue paint. Unfortunately, after letting it dry for a few days I have decided to give it one more coat.

There was still a hint of the white primer underneath (since sanding in some parts took it back down to the primer) and there is one part on the right panel that you can clearly see some overlap from the roller. It is all I will ever see on this thing if I don't take care of it.

Anyway, here is what it looks like at the moment after 3 coats of the powder blue paint:

This sets me back slightly in that I wanted to install the t-molding today but no big deal. Tomorrow morning I am going to put the *final* coat of paint on the cabinet and then later in the afternoon I'm going to install the t-molding and maybe install the base if the paint is dry enough.

More later.

No comments: