Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Replacing The Base 2

Not much more progress on the base last night. I was sidetracked by painting the cabinet blue (more on that later).

Here is what the base looks like unclamped:

And here is what the rubber feet look like:

They were the smallest I could find at Home Depot that weren't adhesive-backed (which always come off eventually). I didn't want the base to be too high off of the ground but I did want something on the bottom to protect the base from being beat up over time.

Tonight I'll definitely get the paint on this thing. I put two blue coats on the entire cabinet (one last night and one this morning) and I've decided to wait until tomorrow night (36 hours) before sanding and putting on the third and final coat. I want to make sure it is dry.

More later.

No comments: